2. There were about 24 children in the school, aged 5 -14 and covering 9 grades.
3. I started school when I was 5, and after 6 weeks the teacher put me up into the next grade.
4. We travelled to school on the back of the truck that came to collect the cans of milk from the dairy farms, and we walked 2 miles home each night.
5. We had no electricity in the school, and heating in the winter was from an open wood fire.
6. We had pan-toilets; no sewerage or septic tanks.
7. We played games like Poison Ball, Cops and Robbers, Hide & Seek, and Hopscotch.
8. We brought lunch to school and swapped our sandwiches with other children.
9. We studied Arithmetic, Spelling, Grammar, Nature Study, Health, Singing, Geography, History and Art.
10. We had no television but we did have a battery-powered radio.
11. At the end of the year we always had a concert and Christmas Tree (school year here runs from February to December).
12. There were only four children in my class for most of my six years at Primary School.
13. I loved school and never looked forward to the holidays.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants