Monday, February 13, 2006

Tagged by Three

ShellyC has tagged me. The things daughters will make their mothers do, like dusting off old memories, etc.

What were three things you wanted to be when you grew up? (When will that be, I wonder?)

1. The perfect wife, mother and housekeeper. (Richard says, "You achieved that." I told you he had a weird sense of humour.)

2. A Dressmaker. (I did achieve that to some extent but found that trying to make money from a beloved hobby changes its character into something much less loved.)

3. A World Champion - at anything.


You can relive one day from your childhood. Which one will it be?

I think it would be the second last day of each Primary School year. That was the day (night) of the school Christmas concert. The excitement and anticipation was the highlight of my year.


You have two minutes (and a mover with you if you need heavy lifting help!) to grab 5 things from your home before it morphs into a polka dotted hobgoblin and hops away. What will you take? (Food/drink/family/friends excluded).

1. Photos

2. My 38 year-old sewing machine. I can always buy a new one but I can't replace my old one which I use all the time.

3. A change of clothes.

4. A pillow and a blanket.

5. The polka dotted hobgoblin in the hope that I could convert him back into all my stuff.


You have to paint one quote on your kitchen wall. What is it going to be?

"Don't write on the walls."


What is the one thing you want to have accomplished by the end of the year?

To have all my garden looking like it's finished (says she, laughing hysterically).


You are moving to the moon for one year and can only bring one flower with you. What kind will you bring?

A sprig of gum leaves. The perfume is much more noticeable when you are not surrounded by thousands of other eucalypt trees.


You just received word that aside from one flower you can also bring five books with you. Which ones will you bring?

1. The Bible

2. The biggest Og Mandino book that I can find.

3. Like ShellyC, a large journal and a pen.

4. A History of the World.

5. Gardening Australia's 'Flora'. (I might as well learn all those botanical names whilst I have the time.)


Tagging 3 lucky people:


Kerri

Marion

Stuart

4 comments:

Kerri said...

Oh boy, Alice...thanks a lot. How will I be able to come up with answers as imaginative as yours? Connie tagged me with this same meme last week...and I'm still thinking. That is, I'm drawing a blank so far :) I hope the cloud will lift soon.
I'll have to look up Og Mandino. Gardener? I like your first book choice :)
And your quote for the wall....clever :)

Jellyhead said...

"Don't write on the walls" !! Very funny!

Reflection Through The Seasons said...

Thanks a bunch Alice. You call that lucky!!!!
OK, I'll have to put my thinking cap on.
Anyway, I enjoyed reading yours, you've come up with some brilliant answers. At the moment I'm feeling like Kerri, in a bit of a fog, but, its all a bit of fun isn't it, so I'll think on it..... Marion

WendyAs said...

I always wanted to be a world champion at something. Darn! I think it might be to late to become one now.

Thanks. That was fun.