Following my narrow escape from a boring database job on Friday, I have acquired a new job that sounds perfect. Please note the following POSITIVE aspects of my new job:
1. I don't have to get up early to go to work.
2. I can wear what I like, the older the better.
3. I can work whatever hours I want.
4. I can take as many teabreaks as I like - I can even sit outside in the sunshine during my teabreaks.
5. No-one will tell me to do it their way instead of mine.
6. It offers great scope for creativity.
7. It also provides plenty of exercise.
There are a few NEGATIVES though:
1. Not only will I not get paid, it will actually cost me money.
2. Other members of the family will no doubt offer their opinions when I've finished the job, and they may well be less-than-positive.
3. And lastly, I won't get a proper sleep until I've finished this job!
So, what am I doing? I'm painting my bedroom!!!!!!
This was brought about by our waterbed springing a leak, and since it was now 18 years old and the second leak this year, we decided to buy a new bladder for the bed. After syphoning 550 litres of water out of the bed, and the new bladder won't be here for a few days, Richard suggested that I might like to paint the walls now that we can actually move the bed. You try lifting 550 litres of water and all the associated woodwork and you will see why the bed doesn't get moved very often.
Tomorrow I'll try and remember to take some 'before' photos so we can compare them with the 'after' photos.