Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Am I addicted, or what?

It's 3.30am on a cold Canberra morning and only 12 degrees in the this room. I was lying awake and convinced myself that I needed a drink. So I put on my cosy Ugg boots and my dressing gown, came up to the kitchen and turned on the jug. The water has boiled but I'm still sitting here writing and reading BLOGS. If I'm totally honest, that's the real reason I got up! There are so many earlier blogs from new friends that I haven't yet read, and each time I read a comment, I seem to find another like-minded soul somewhere out there in the world. It's like a pebble in the pond with ever widening ripples enfolding new friends into my world.

Most of these people I will never meet, although I would love to meet the Aussie ones if I venture into their locality, but in many ways I think people are more open in their writing than they may be face-to-face. So I feel that I am really getting to know my ever increasing 'family'.

Now, I'd better go and make that drink before the water gets cold.

6 comments:

Miss Robyn said...

oh Alice ! what a coincidence - I woke at 3.10 this morning and just couldnt get back to sleep - I didn't go on the computer, although the thought did cross my mine. I know what you mean about pebble in the pond - there are so many wonderful blogs out there, but I have to stop sometimes or I would go crazy.
I hope to meet up with some of the australian ladies too & if you are ever in my area I would love to meet.
hope you eventually got back to sleep

Kali said...

Yep Alice ~ you're addicted ! lol...
And I sure know that feeling...you could have been describing me ;)

Shell said...

I know what you mean too! I'll get on the computer for blog updates before I even make a cup of tea - it's crazy! And yes, if it wasn't for that ripple in the pond I wouldn't have found you and all the other wonderful aussie ladies in blogland! Thanks for encouraging me with the quilting too - I might just get around to it one day. I'll be doing a lot on that 'one day' I tell you. =)

jenclair said...

I find this amazing, too. I usually only plan to check on a few, but then... Links are my downfall.

Maggie Ann said...

Oh yes, I too love meeting 'like minded souls' through blogging. Its a blessing.

LindaD said...

Amen !!