Friday, September 14, 2007

Wednesday's Woes - Thursday's Thrill

Yes, I admit it, I am so spoilt.
Wednesday's Woe was the screen on my iPod (left in photo) disappearing behind a series of lines making it nearly impossible to select any music. I've also been having battery problems for months with it needing to be charged about every 4 hours. It still played the music perfectly so it looked like I would simply have to turn it on and take pot luck as to which of the current 889 songs was going to play.
Thursday's Thrill was that after taking it to one dealer I was told that it would be almost impossible to repair, but I could ring the manufacturer and try and persuade them that it was eligible for a recently introduced replacement program (which it wasn't). Oh dear, how could I live without my iPod?
Later in the morning, whilst taking a break from *Christmas shopping, we went to another place where I was given a similar prognosis, but shown the new iPods that have only been out for about two weeks. They have twice the capacity of my original one, and will also play videos in the remote likelihood that I should ever want to, and cost only slightly more than a new battery and a possible repair to the old one. So, Richard, in his usual fashion said, "Go on, you might as well get a new one." Oh, it's so snazzy and such a pretty green, and only measures approx. 7cm x 4cm.
* Now, for all members of my family and friends who know that I never begin Christmas shopping until 23 December, you can pick yourselves up off the floor. With Sara heading off to Belgium on 24/9 we figured we could send the presents in her luggage for free. You didn't really think I would be that organised without an ulterior motive, did you?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very fancy ipod. Recently I saw someone watching a movie on their ipod on the bus. It jumped and jiggled with every bump. It doesn't seem the ideal way to enjoy cinema.

Everydaythings said...

oh good move Alice - but what this talk of christmas shopping?? But I guess you have to do some early if someone is going away!!

Glad youre ipod is fixable! What sort of music do you have on it?

Alice said...

GG - I won't bother getting the old one fixed, but I'll keep using it when I'm gardening and things like that. It's predominantly classical music downloaded from CDs; I never downloaded any of the computer music.

Kerri said...

Well, isn't that a fancy little thing? Yes, a pretty green :) I was just reading an ad about them the other day and saw that they now have video.
I'm glad you were able to get a new one, but too bad about the old one. Seems like you've had lots of problems with that one. Glad it still works though. Hmmm...music while gardening, what a nice idea :) We're heading off to see the grandkids today. Have a lovely weekend humming in your garden :)

Jellyhead said...

Ah, 'tis a thing of great beauty! Lucky you!

Carole Burant said...

Ah but it's so much fun being spoilt!! lol Your new iPod certainly does look very snazzy. I don't own one and it's not something I've ever thought about although both my boys have one. Lol great move on the early Christmas shopping so that you can send it in Sara's luggage...I knew there had to be a reason to your madness! hehe xox

meggie said...

You lucky girl!

Michelle said...

In my haste to read - i thought we were ALL getting new iPods!!! Lovet he colour of yours!!!

And the birds - keep us posted - I am sure the kids would love to see the babies too.

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

The ipod on the left is the same as Jimmy's and after one replacement ipod he hasn't had any problems with it. It stays charged for 24 hours unlike the first one that discharged twice and never regained conciousness.