Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Wife, the gardener!

Scrolling back through my blog I came across this little gem from about 3 years ago and thought it worth a re-run.

(With thanks to the unknown author.)


She dug the plot on Monday
The soil was rich and fine
She forgot to thaw out dinner ...
So out we went to dine.


She planted roses Tuesday
(She says they are a must)
They really were quite lovely
But she then forgot to dust ...


On Wednesday it was daisies
They opened with the sun
All whites and pinks and yellows
(But the laundry wasn't done!)


The poppies came on Thursday
A bright and cheery red
I guess she really was engrossed ...
She forgot to make the bed!


It was dahlias on Friday
In colours she adores
It never bothered her at all,
The crumbs upon the floors.


I hired a maid on Saturday
My week is now complete
My wife can garden all she wants
The house will still be neat!


It's nearly lunchtime Sunday
And I can't find the maid!
Oh no! I can't believe it
She's out there with a spade!

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Sweet Alice,
It is hard to get a good maid. Mine usually quit as soon as I ask them to clean up after the pigeons.
The Statue

Kerri said...

OK...this is the real me!
Love the poem....it's so spot on :)
I need a maid. The Statue isn't moving much! LOL
He is more domestic than he used to be though, and thank heavens for that. Someone has to do the housework! :)
P.S. Congrats on getting 'The Statue' to write his first comment!