Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Gardening Bond

Being a gardener is like belonging to a Club, with no joining fees, rules, or committees to answer to, but the opportunity to strike up a conversation with total strangers and find a common bond. R. and I were standing at the checkout with our purchases this morning when a lady behind us came up to examine a particular plant I was buying. Neither of us had seen it before and were very taken with the flowers. I told her where to find it and off she went to get one. By the time we left the shop R. and I and the lady and her husband had discussed plants in particular and gardening in general, the delights of the Fleurieu Peninsula in SA and parts of Tasmania plus the weather and climate in both States as well as at home. I'm sure we could have put the whole world to rights had we stayed just a bit longer.

1 comment:

rmacapobre said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.