Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Sniff, cough, sneeze .....

How can one feel perfectly healthy one second and in the next have a sore throat and the certain knowledge that a cold is coming? Half way through eating a cheese sandwich for lunch on Monday, and I knew what was coming. Still, I expect it will all be over in a few days and only be a common cold - I've never had the flu in my life.

Anyway, it didn't stop me planting 100 ranunculus corms in the afternoon, plus transplanting about a dozen pink Evening Primrose seedlings. I may well regret planting the latter but I can always pull them out if they become a pest. The flowers are so pretty though and don't seem to need any looking after. This morning I pruned a few dead looking branches on the pink Chinese Lantern, and then pruned a few more. Even though cuttings should be taken in the summer, how can one throw away all those potential glorious shrubs? 24 of them are now in two pots.

Yesterday I also made a foray into the vegetable garden; not usually my territory although I've been longing to see if I can do it better than R. Dug in plenty of my precious compost and planted Sugar Snap Peas and Snow Peas. At least, R. did grow them in punnets so it's a joint operation.

No comments: