Thursday, March 17, 2005

Ready, set, GO

GO out into the garden, that is! Half an inch of lovely rain overnight and a forecast of only 17 degrees, and the next few days to be in the low 20s. No hockey to interrupt gardening efforts this weekend either.

The seedlings I planted yesterday all survived the night despite me forgetting to put our snail bait. We seem to have hundreds of millipedes at the moment, more than I've seen before, so I hope they keep they hungry little jaws off the plants. I think it must have been them who ate all the beans I planted recently.

We had an early start to the day. Woke at 5.30 so that we could go and see the hot air balloons lift off near the lake, but it was too cloudy and windy for them to do so. Maybe better luck tomorrow. On the way home we did the grocery and vegie shopping and it was all home and put away before 9.00am.

Now I just have to ensure that I don't waste away the rest of the day. If I'm really disciplined I won't be in here to 'talk' to you until tonight. So have a great day,

No comments: