Thursday, March 31, 2005

Where did it go?

Yesterday I blogged my purchases of the day before, complete with botanical names, etc., and then it wouldn't publish and I lost it all. So I went and planted the shrubs instead and then lay awake last night thinking that I had planted them all in the wrong place and they wouldn't look any good, etc. etc. One good thing about plants, whatever you do it seldom needs to be permanent.

So the new shrubs are (minus the botanical names) - Protea 'Pink Ice'; Correa 'Winterglow'; Ceanothus 'Blue Pacific' (which I've always resisted just because everyone else had it); Banksia 'Giant Candles'; Grevillea 'Johnsonii' (we have one in another garden and it's one of my very favourite plants with its fine dark green upright leaves and deep red stems, lovely flowers too). Still to plant out are 3 Agonis flexuosa (Willow Myrtle) 'Afterdark'. These have gorgeous claret coloured leaves which change to deep burgundy in the winter. They are a bit frost tender until established so I'll pot them on and plant them out after the frosts have finished. Hopefully, they will be established enough to cope by next winter.

Now I'm off to register my daughter's car and visit the garden centre, which has 25% off everything. It would be a real shame if no-one turned up for the sale, wouldn't it? So I guess someone has to go !!!!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Oh, do I know how you feel. I have just taken heaps of photos of my new fence (well, and the garden in front of it), and lost them from the camera. Cannot photograph again until at least Tuesday (well, can photograph, but not download).

I am frustrated, so I can guess how you feel!!!!